Custom orthotics are an excellent way to control and correct abnormal foot mechanics that can lead to foot pain, knee pain, hip pain and even low back pain.
Custom-made orthotics are designed specifically for your individual foot (vs. prefabricated orthotics that are mass-produced to fit an average foot and don’t properly correct for your specific foot type and problem). Keep in mind that even custom orthotics are only as good as the evaluation process that goes into making them. The orthotic evaluation process at On Track is an incredibly detailed process that helps us get the best possible “picture” of your foot.
The evaluation includes:
- Measurement and analysis in both weight bearing and non-weight bearing positions to assess for foot and lower extremity alignment and
- Digital picture analysis of your foot type, as well as walking or running screens, which will help determine the best type of orthotic for your foot and gait pattern.
- A full biomechanical assessment to determine how your foot and ankle structure may affect your knee, hip, and lower back, and how you may be compensating for these structural imbalances.
- Proper individual shoe type selection to complement the orthotics is discussed.
- Finally, your feet are custom-casted in a non-weight bearing neutral position.